Science curriculum aims to provide students with science-related learning experiences, cultivate students’ interest in science, and lay a solid foundation for learning. S1 to S2 students will learn basic science through scientific inquiry, with school-based curriculum to enhance students’ self-directed learning ability and develop scientific thinking. In S3, three science teachers will be responsible for each class to teach different school-based science courses, so that they can have better understanding in various science (physics, chemistry and biology) courses before promoting to Senior Form.
- to acquire basic scientific knowledge and concepts for living in and contribute to a scientific and technological world;
- to develop an ability to define problems, design experiments to find solutions, carry out practical work and interpret the results;
- to apply their understanding of science to technological applications, social issues, and their daily experiences;
- to recognize the usefulness and limitations of science and the evolutionary nature of scientific knowledge;
- to relate their understanding of science to their personal health and foster an awareness of safety issues in everyday life and take proper action to control risks; and
- to consider the effects of human activities on the environment and act sensibly in conserving the environment.
Living Things and Air
School Based Curriculum (please refer to S.3 curriculum)