The learning outcomes of this course are as follows:
- Understand the relationship between different business issues
- Recognise that business operations are affected by a dynamic environment,thus, plans and decisions need to be revised in response to changes in the environment
- Appreciate the importance of accounting to business management
- Learn the function of management and its role in formulating effective business strategies and the importance of personal financial management.
Enable students to develop transferrable skills, especially:
- The use of information technology to confirm, select and organise relevant business data to make appropriate decisions
- Acquire the skill to research, analyse and evaluate business issues from multiple perspectives
- Learn how to communicate effectively and illustrate different business information and issues; and
- Gain hands-on experience on how to be a team player and/or team leader.
Students are expected to establish the following positive values and attitudes so that they can:
- Become a sensible, active and responsible participant in the world of business
- Understand the importance of being socially responsible and adapting ethical practices and assume the responsibility of managing personal finances.